Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just passing through.


Today my family and I looked through old photos again that we found in my dad's closet from his room, and I found a lot of me and my grandpa, and it really made me miss him. I never really got too close to him, but he still shared a lot of stories with me, and we even had a few inside jokes. I loved him and his silly little fake toupee. I hate that he hid the fact that he had cancer from us for over a year, and that he just accepted it. But, I can't hate him for the choices he made. It was a lot easier on my grandma without her having to worry about that for over a year until his liver and kidney and lungs started failing and then he finally passed. I love that he had the strength not to fight the cancer, but to accept that he couldn't do anything else and told them not to put him on medicine. I really miss him, but I know he wouldn't have been happy being sick and stuck in a hospital. That wasn't him.

Now that I finally got that off my chest, all I have to say is that my day has been spent watching very interesting shows on TV. I watched: You Are What You Eat, Criss Angel: Mindfreak (those episodes were hilarious), Edward Scissorhands, Teen Titans, and then Scary But True. I'm still watching that, actually. I think they're having a marahon. It's funny seeing how the styles were back in 2001.
And, just a little fun fact I learned today, when my hair started to grow in when I was a baby, it would've been a mohawk if my parents had spiked it. For almost a year it was all just right in the middle of the top of my head, and close to none on the sides. I knew I was special!

No comments:

Post a Comment