Thursday, December 24, 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas



The impossible happened yesterday! We got snow! In Southern Arizona! I was so happy, and when my dad woke me upat 5:30, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I waited until it was light enough to go outside before I tackled the snow all by myself! I made an Arizona snowman, which means it was a foot high, at least, and it's arms were oversized mesquite tree branches. I had a lot of fun with it.

Of course, I came in after an hour or so and went straight to making hot chocolate and watching Elf. It was all well and good, but when the snow started to melt around 11, my brain seemed to melt along with it. I tried watching Star Wars while beating off a pounding headache, but, no success. Eventually when everyone got home, it seemed Dad and Lisa both had headaches as well, but mine took a turn for the worst first. I ended up falling asleep around 4:30, and they were all kind enough to let me sleep. I woke up at 1, was way out of it, read Harry Potter (#4!) for about an hour before I forced myself to sleep again. I woke up at 8, and found Lisa was home, even though she was supposed to work today. Surprise, surprise! She's sick as a dog.

It seems that on holidays, someone's always sick around here. It's just the luck of the Winslows, I suppose. Well, that's just how it goes. I'm excited to open up our presents tonight. As soon as the inside lights turn on, the wrapping's coming off!

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas Eve, and Christmas! Or, the usual: happy holidays!

PS, if anybody has snow they don't want, I'll take more of it! We haven't had a white Christmas since I was 4 or 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment